FROM SYDNEY TO KELBURN
Take the M5 from Sydney,
Take the first exit to Goulburn.
Drive in towards Goulburn. Turn left at traffic lights at Union St which will have a sign for the Tourist Route. There is a petrol station on the opposite corner.
This route takes you to Sloane Street which you follow until a cross street called Mundy Street. Make a left hand turn over the railway line at Mundy Sreet. Mundy Street becomes Braidwood Road.
Kelburn is 13kms from this turn off. It is on the right hand side of the road.
Drive along Braidwood Road through a small settlement called “Tirrana” and past a race track called Wakefield Park on the left hand side.
Approx 12.3kms from the Mundy Street turnoff you will cross a street to the left called Painters Lane. DO NOT TURN INTO PAINTERS LANE.
Our entrance is 700 metres past Painters lane on the right. You will see a large letterbox and our number: 4453 plus the name Kelburn on the fence behind.
The homestead and yards are 2.5kms after the entrance. Cross over the cattle grid and look for us …. or phone Randolph: 0416 298 858 or Amanda 0411 560 682, the house: 48295285.
CANBERRA/QUEANBEYAN TO KELBURN
The basic premise for this is to travel to Queanbeyan first and then to Bungendore. The trip should take 1 to 1 ½ hours depending on where you start in Canberra, if you get lost in Canberra or along the way and your speed.
- Coming out of Queanbeyan there is a sign to the left to Goulburn. Do not take this. Continue to Bungendore.
- At Bungendore there will be a sign to Goulburn via Tarago, take this.
- At Tarago take a left turn onto the Braidwood Road towards Goulburn at The Loaded Dog Pub. Do not go towards Braidwood. I estimate it is about 20 minutes to Kelburn from here.
- Continue along the Braidwood Road through Lake Bathurst, a little village.
- Then through Inveralochy. Inveralochy is a property and district name not a village. You will cross a small bridge over the Mulwaree ponds.
- You will need to start watching property names on the left. Pass a property called Pooks Hill and then Trentham and the property just before Kelburn is Springfield.
- There is a small sign which from memory says ‘G 15’ and then a small electrical substation type structure about 200 metres on the left hand side before our gate.
- Kelburn is on the left up a small rise in the road. There is a pitched roofed wooden letterbox ,the name Kelburn and is numbered 4453..
- From the gate it is about 2 1/2 kilometres of dirt road through the property to the homestead block.
- When you are entering the homestead garden drive over the cattle grid and you will see the shearers quarters on the right and then the original stone house . Continue on and the main house is just in front of you.
- ( If you drive past Currawang Road on the left or Wakefield Parkway on the right, you have gone too far).
Randolph’s mobile is 0416298858, Amanda is 0411560682, the house, 48295285.